Welcome to the Tri-County ARES Website!
Tri-County ARES has been formed by request of Georgia ARES to accomplish specific goals.
Tri-County ARES Goals:
- Create functioning Ware and Brantley county ARES groups
- Establish a working relationship with Ware County EMA and Brantley County EMA
- Re-establish a working relationship with Pierce County EMA
- Recruit more Ware, Pierce and Brantley County ham radio operators
The Tri-County ARES Operation consists of a mix of Emergency Service disciplines with typical day-to-day ham radio activities. This mix enhances the ham radio experience and makes the hobby more enjoyable and interesting.
Tri-County ARES Activities:
- Georgia Hospital Association Region M Hospital operations
- ARES emergency service training
- Skywarn training and net operation
- Bi-monthly social activities
- Annual swap meet
- Annual ARRL Field Day operation
- VEC testing for all levels of amateur radio licensing
- On-line NIMS training and testing
- Weekly VHF net - Tuesday nights 7:30PM - 145.270 repeater
Tri-County ARES Leadership Team
EC, Pierce, Ware, Brantley counties
Clay Wilson - KI4LDC
Carl Sutton - KI4MQF
Michael Goddard - KK4BSO
Rhonda Blount - KF4PJF
Brian Blount - KF4NMH
Theresa Carter - KJ4WYJ
John Brazel - KK4GXP
Will Bashlor - KE4IAJ
145.270 Repeater is now on EchoLink
Breakfast Group Meeting at Jerry J's 1406 Plant Ave. Waycross on March 3rd at 9 am.
Click here for menu, directions, etc..
Jacksonville NOFARS Hamfest on March 24th from 7 am until noon.
Click here for more information.