Welcome to the Tri-County ARES Website!
Tri-County ARES has been formed by request of Georgia ARES to accomplish specific goals.
Tri-County ARES Goals:
- Create functioning Ware and Brantley county ARES groups
- Establish a working relationship with Ware County EMA and Brantley County EMA
- Re-establish a working relationship with Pierce County EMA
- Recruit more Ware, Pierce and Brantley County ham radio operators
The Tri-County ARES Operation consists of a mix of Emergency Service disciplines with typical day-to-day ham radio activities. This mix enhances the ham radio experience and makes the hobby more enjoyable and interesting.
Tri-County ARES Activities:
- Georgia Hospital Association Region M Hospital operations
- ARES emergency service training
- Skywarn training and net operation
- Bi-monthly social activities
- Annual swap meet
- Annual ARRL Field Day operation
- VEC testing for all levels of amateur radio licensing
- On-line NIMS training and testing
- Weekly VHF net - Tuesday nights 7:30PM - 145.270 repeater
Tri-County ARES Leadership Team
EC, Pierce, Ware, Brantley counties
Clay Wilson - KI4LDC
Carl Sutton - KI4MQF
Michael Goddard - KK4BSO
Rhonda Blount - KF4PJF
Brian Blount - KF4NMH
Theresa Carter - KJ4WYJ
John Brazel - KK4GXP
145.270 and 444.025 Repeaters are now tied to EchoLink
Details coming soon!
TriCounty ARES will be holding our 11th Annual Swap Meet on May 6th. Click Here for more information.
Nofars Hamfest on March 25th, 2017